It so happens that most of my contacts are saved in Gmail. I used to struggle every time I had to import Google contacts to iPhone. It turns out that with the help of one tool I can sync Google contacts with iPhone within minutes!
This quick guide shows exactly how to import Gmail contacts to iPhone using CopyTrans Contacts.
Get the hang of it with our text guide and YouTube tutorial:
- Text guide – How to transfer Google contacts to iPhone
- Video guide – How to transfer Google contacts to iPhone
Where are Google contacts
- To find Google contacts, log in to your Google account with any browser and navigate to Google Contacts:
- Then, in the left-side panel, click on “More” > “Export” and select “vCard”. Hit “Export” to backup Google Contacts to a computer.
- Save the “contacts.vcf” file to your computer. This file contains all your Gmail (Google) contacts.
- Now you are ready to sync Google Contacts with iPhone. Download CopyTrans Contacts from the following page: Download CopyTrans Contacts
- Install the program. If you need help installing CopyTrans Contacts, please refer to the Installation guide.
- Run the program and connect your iPhone. Wait until the program loads your data.
- In the main program window, tap on “Import contacts” in order to – you guessed it – import Google contacts to iPhone. Select “From a file (all contact formats)”:
- Navigate to the location where you saved the *.vcf file with Google contacts, and hit “Open”:
- Find all your Google contacts imported to your iPhone!
Export Google contacts
Transfer Google contacts to iPhone
CopyTrans Contacts can also help you:
- transfer contacts from Android to iPhone;
- sync Outlook contacts with iPhone;
- transfer Android calendar to iPhone.
Sync iPhone contacts to Gmail – YouTube tutorial
There is an alternative way to transfer Gmail contacts to iPhone without having to save the contacts to PC. To find out more, refer to this article – How to transfer iPhone contacts between cloud accounts?