In this article, we demonstrate how to export Outlook contacts to iPhone:
- Outlook not syncing
- Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone: automatic way
- Export contacts from Outlook: manual way
Both ways allow you to export Outlook contacts to iPhone without deleting any contacts already saved on your device.
All the contact info will be retained, including contact pictures, phone numbers, email addresses, company info, notes, etc.
These ways to sync Outlook contacts with iPhone will work for Outlook version 2003 and above and for any iOS device.
NOTE: Now all Hotmail.com and Live.com mailboxes are redirected to Outlook.com, keeping all your data. Hotmail and Live.com are now obsolete.
So, how to download contacts from Outlook? Let’s strat!
Outlook not syncing
Sometimes setting up and using Outlook on iOS devices can turn out a daunting task. Many users encounter the Outlook not syncing error after system updates. Here are some proven methods to fix this issue:
Turn off Low Power Mode. According to Apple, this mode disables most background activity including downloads and data syncing between services. To deactivate Low Power Mode go to Settings > Battery and tap the toggle switch.
Make sure you’re logged in the Outlook account on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts. If Outlook is not on the list of accounts, tap Add Account to add it. Don’t forget to grant Outlook access to the services you need to sync with your iPhone.
Switch to Wi-Fi connection. Data syncing can be delayed when your iPhone is connected to a mobile network.
In case your Outlook calendar is not syncing, make sure you’re using the correct one in the iOS Calendar app. Tap Calendar to see that your Outlook calendar’s name is checked. You may have been saving events to the wrong calendar.
Close all the apps on your iPhone and force restart it.
If you still encounter Outlook sync issues, it makes sense to look for other options. Luckily, CopyTrans developed an app for the job, keep on reading.
Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone
Automatic transfer | Quick way
Download CopyTrans Contacts and simply send your Outlook contacts to iPhone in two clicks
- Download and install CopyTrans Contacts.Download CopyTrans Contacts
- Run CopyTrans Contacts on your computer and connect your iPhone. Click Import contacts.
- In the next window, select Outlook (direct import from Outlook).
- Select the Outlook contact folder from which to import contacts to the iPhone. By default, your Outlook contacts are located in the Contacts folder. Click OK.
- Select the contacts you want to import to the iPhone.
Once ready, click Import selected contacts from Outlook.
- Your Outlook contacts are now imported to your iPhone and will be displayed by CopyTrans Contacts.
• Check the box next to “All contacts” to select all.
• Search for a particular contact by using the “Search…” box at the top.
CopyTrans Contacts also can:Download and try for free
Transfer Outlook contacts to iPhone
Export contacts from Outlook
Manual transfer | Controlled way
Manual transfer, what does it mean? It means that it requres 2 steps: save Outlook contacts on your PC and then import contacts (a CSV file) into your iPhone. This method is especially useful for those who use an online version of Outlook or Outlook is not installed correctly.
- First, you will need to export Outlook contacts to a CSV file.
How to copy contacts from Outlook? Just go to File ➔ Open and Export ➔ Import⁄Export in Outlook 2016 or later.
- The Import and Export Wizard window will pop up.
Choose Export to a file and click Next.
- Then select Comma Separated Values and click Next again.
- Select the Outlook contacts folder to export. The default folder is called Contacts.
- Select a folder where to save the file. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
This quick guide shows how to export Outlook contacts from Outlook.com. The method is compatible with all iOS devices including the latest models of iPhone and iPad.
Log in to your Outlook.com account and navigate to the menu in the top-left corner. Choose People.
Click Manage > Export contacts.
Choose which contacts you want to save and click Export.
A Contacts.csv file will be saved to your computer containing all of your Outlook.com contacts. And now you are ready to copy your Outlook.com contacts to your iPhone.
Export Outlook contacts to iPhone
- The next step is to import Outlook contacts to iPhone.
You’ll need to use CopyTrans Contacts for this purpose. Download and install CopyTrans Contacts.Download CopyTrans Contacts
- Now run CopyTrans Contacts and connect your iPhone to the PC.
- In CopyTrans Contacts, click on the Import contacts button.
- Select From a file (all contact formats).
- Navigate to the location where you saved your Outlook CSV contact file, select the file and click Open.
- Choose the contacts you would like to transfer.
- That’s it! CopyTrans Contacts automatically transfers the contacts to your iPhone.
How to export contacts from Outlook
This is how to transfer Outlook contacts to iPhone in just a few quick steps using CopyTrans Contacts.