Open HEIC files on your PC
- View HEIC and HEIF files on Windows
- Convert HEIC to JPG offline
- Print HEIC images
- Insert HEICs to MS Office
Windows, meet HEIC!
- Download and install CopyTrans HEIC for Windows.
- Double-click to open your HEIC photo.
- View your HEIC images.
- BONUS! Convert HEIC to JPG with a simple right-click. No third party apps needed.
We taught Windows to view HEIC
What is HEIC?
In iOS 11, Apple started using HEIC/HEIF, a new image format that takes up half the space of JPGs without sacrificing a pixel of image quality.
Up until today, your Windows PC was unable to natively support HEIC files – the default Windows Photo Viewer couldn’t open the new formats.
So we decided not to wait for Windows to code in HEIC support, and developed a solution ourselves.
View HEIC files on Windows
You don’t need any additional software to browse your photos!
CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is a simple Windows plugin that allows you to open HEIC files using Windows Photo Viewer.
You can print out your HEICs as well. Just send them to print, no need to convert them to JPG first!
Need JPGs anyway? Convert HEIC to JPG
Most third-party software doesn’t support HEIC format yet.
Without launching a separate app, you can convert any iOS HEIC image to JPG instantly with a simple right-click.
This means your photos stay safe and private on your PC, unlike with multiple online HEIC converters.
Download CopyTrans HEIC for Windows here.
Microsoft Office Support
Now you can insert your HEICs into any Microsoft Office document. It’s compatible with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Excel*.
With CopyTrans HEIC for Windows you can insert a HEIC image into a Word document, a Power Point presentation or into an Excel spreadsheet.
Just open a document – click Insert – Pictures – select All files – select the HEIC file of your choice and click Insert.
*Compatible with Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and later versions.
Stop wasting your disk space
Did you know that, by default, your iPhone* automatically converts HEIC to JPG when you transfer them to your PC?
Did you also know that JPG is an antiquated format that takes up twice as much of your hard drive space as HEIC?
If you want to keep your original HEIC/HEVC files both on your iPhone and on your computer, turn off the setting ‘Automatic transfer to PC’ on your iDevice.
Our features at a glance:
- hassle-free one-time installation
- native Windows viewer support (no third-party app needed)
- displaying HEIC thumbnails
- transparent integration with Windows Explorer
- Microsoft Office HEIC support
- Keeping your original EXIF data
- 1-click conversion to JPG
Give CopyTrans HEIC for Windows a try!
We’ve seen other programs build HEIC support into their own Windows versions, CopyTrans’ program is the first to bring native support.
CopyTrans HEIC for Windows, essentially teaches your PC to read HEIC files without needing to go through an external program or converter.
Frequently asked questions
- How much is CopyTrans HEIC for Windows?
- It’s absolutely free! Unless you plan on using the software for business purposes.
- How do I install CopyTrans HEIC for Windows?
- Scroll down until you see the “Download” button.
- Click it and wait until the .exe file is downloaded on your PC.
- Run the CopyTransHEICforWindows.exe file and grant it administrative privileges.
- Click Next, read the License Agreement very carefully like you always do when installing software, click “I accept the agreement”, click Next, click Install.
- Voila! CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is installed on your computer.
- How do I update to the new version?
- First check whether you need to update. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features on your PC and check which version of the codec you have installed. Then visit this page, hover over the download button and compare it with the version you have installed. If it’s the same, you have the latest version. If the version on the website if higher, delete the old codec and install the latest version.
- Does CopyTrans HEIC for Windows support HEVC videos?
- No. Both HEIC and HEVC use the same image encoding technology, but in a different way. HEVC video format uses video codecs (there are lots of them already), and HEIC photo format uses Windows image plugins. Currently CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is the only HEIC plugin for Windows.
- I installed CopyTrans HEIC for Windows, but I still don’t see HEIC files.
- Step 1: Check the origin of the HEIC file. CopyTrans HEIC for Windows only supports HEICs taken on iOS devices. Step 2: Reboot your PC.
- How can I convert a HEIC file to JPG?
- After installing CopyTrans HEIC for Windows, right-click on any HEIC file and choose “Convert to JPEG with CopyTrans” in the drop-down menu. You will see a converted JPG image next to the HEIC one.
- Can I edit HEIC images?
- Not on your PC. But hey, you can view them! You can also transfer HEIC images back to your iPhone and edit them there.
- Can I transfer HEIC files on my PC back to my iPhone?
- Yes, you can do so using CopyTrans Photo.
- Does CopyTrans HEIC for Windows affect other programs?
- No, CopyTrans HEIC for Windows doesn’t interfere with other programs and has no impact on them.
- What versions of Windows does CopyTrans HEIC for Windows support?
- Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- How do I delete CopyTrans HEIC for Windows?
- Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features on your PC, find CopyTrans HEIC for Windows, double-click, grant it administrative privileges, click “Yes” to uninstall. That’s it!
View HEIC on Windows. Because you should be able to
Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10