I installed iTunes but the iPhone is still not recognized
First, check whether the Apple Mobile Device service is running:
- Make sure you are logged in as administrator on the PC and temporarily disable your antivirus software
- Click on the Windows Start button and in the search box type services.msc
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard
- In the newly-opened Services window, find “Apple Mobile Device Service”, right-click and choose “Properties”
- From the Properties window, confirm that the service is started and that its startup type is set to “Automatic”
- If needed click “Apply”
- Restart iTunes
Second, check whether the the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed and active
- Make sure you are logged in as administrator on the PC
- Connect the iPhone and be sure iTunes is closed
- Click on the Windows Start button and in the search box type device manager
- When you see “Device Manager” entry selected in the Start menu press the Enter key
- In the newly opened Device Manager window, scroll down to “Universal Serial Bus controllers” category and open it. Make sure you see the “Apple Mobile Device USB Driver” listed
If you don’t see the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, this means that the iOS drivers are not installed. Install the iOS drivers.
If you see a “!” next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry, right-click on the entry and choose “Enable”.
If you see a “?” next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, right-click on it and choose “Uninstall”.
- From the newly-opened window, click OK and hang-on until the device is uninstalled
- Next, right-click on “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and choose “Scan for hardware changes”
Windows will now try to automatically install the needed drivers and will attempt to detect the iPhone.
- Open Control Panel and under Hardware and Sound choose “View Devices and Printer”.
- Under “Unspecified” you will see “Apple iPhone”
- Right click on Apple iPhone and choose Troubleshoot.
TIP: Sometimes there might be not Apple Mobile device but Apple Mobile Device Ethernet and Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.Right click on Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and choose Troubleshoot. After it’s done, the Apple iPhone will appear. Continue with the step 3.
- Restart the PC
I have a problem installing the iOS drivers
If you are being returned an MSI error while installing the drivers with the CopyTrans Drivers Installer, please follow this troubleshooting tutorial.
I have a problem installing iTunes
To begin with, some folks have trouble installing or re-installing iTunes. There are two major iTunes installation errors:
- “Service Apple Mobile Device Service failed to start”. In this case, check whether the Apple Mobile Device Service is running, then retry the installation
- “iTunes was not installed correctly. Error 7 (Windows error 127)”. In this case you need to 1) fully uninstall iTunes, 2) restart your PC, then, 3) re-install iTunes
If iTunes installation still fails, attempt to find and fix corrupt Windows system components by following this tutorial.
These were both some basic and more advanced techniques that we know have helped folks get their iPhone recognized by the PC and iTunes.
Watch the 3-minute video tutorial
Did you sort out your problem using another method? Why not tell us in the comments section below? We’ll be happy to add the solution to the list.