Okay, okay, let’s say you haven’t deleted it, it just disappeared! One day the app was there, and now it is gone. It happens, we get it. Your kid might have deleted it while playing with your phone, or it has disappeared after an update, or you have used a virus removal tool and it has wiped apps off. (Bonus points for those who know that their favorite apps will be discontinued soon and want to save them to recover the apps later.) And now you need to know how to recover deleted apps on iPhone. You are in the right place.
Before you start
❕ Please note that СopyTrans Shelbee supports all iOS versions starting from iOS 9 till the very last iOS.
Prior to the restore, make sure that the iOS version of the destination device is at least the same as the iOS version of the backup.
For example, if you make a backup of an iPhone running iOS 11, you won’t be able to restore to an iPhone with iOS 10. However, if you have an iOS 10 backup, you can easily restore to a device running iOS 11.
❕ To save your app account and password information, the backup must be password-protected.
How to recover deleted apps on iPhone
- Download CopyTrans Shelbee from the following page:Download CopyTrans Shelbee
- Install CopyTrans Shelbee. Open the program and connect your iPhone. Сlick on Custom restore, then click on the green pencil icon.
- Tap Browse and then Default in the newly opened windows. Click OK. After that, you will see iTunes backups stored on your computer. Choose the one you need.
- The app will ask you to enter your encryption password. Then click Next.
- Wait until the decrypting process finishes.
- In the Other Apps subcategory, choose the apps you want to restore. Click Next. You can skip the device encryption process if you don’t want to do it.
- Log in to your Apple account in the next window.
- CopyTrans Shelbee will ask you to choose where you want to save the backup of your device in case something goes wrong during Custom restore. Select the destination and click Start.
- Wait until the restore process finishes. After that your device will restart.
Please check whether all the apps you had intended to restore appeared on your device. If they still seem to be missing, proceed to the troubleshooting section.
Troubleshooting: how to restore scores, ratings, and settings
Even if the app itself hasn’t been restored by the program, that doesn’t mean that you have lost the app data. It has been backed up and will be automatically restored as soon as you re-download the app on your device.
- Sometimes CopyTrans Shelbee can’t download an app (usually it refers to game apps) due to different factors like poor internet connection or Apple limitations. If it happens, you will get a following message:
Click on Save the list of apps button to learn which apps failed to download.
Choose the folder where you will keep the list and hit Save.
- After that, a window will open automatically showing you the apps you need to download again to your device.
- Go to the App Store and search for the app. When found, click on the cloud symbol to download it back. As soon as you download the app on your device, the app data will be automatically restored. For example, if you redownload Candy Crush Saga, your scores will be transferred.
How to recover deleted apps
that are no longer in the App Store
Unfortunately, you can’t use an iTunes backup to recover deleted apps that are no longer in the App Store.
CopyTrans Shelbee downloads the apps at the time of the backup, iTunes does at the time of the restore. That means that initially an iTunes backup contains only a list of apps to recover during the restore, not the app file itself. CopyTrans Shelbee downloads the .ipa files from the App Store server while creating the backup.
That is why it is crucially important to make regular backups with CopyTrans Shelbee. Use this guide to learn how to do it.
You can set up CopyTrans Shelbee notifications in order not to forget to back up your data.