TikTok, former Musical.ly, is one of the hottest apps since 2018. TikTok allows you to shoot videos and use all kinds of music and sounds as opposed to other social media apps like Instagram or Snapchat. The question is how to download TikTok videos?
In this article, we will download TikTok videos, and learn how to save videos that can not be saved.
- Save TikTok (Musical.ly) videos to iPhone
- Download unsaveable TikTok videos – workaround
Save TikTok videos to iPhone
- Launch the TikTok app and play the video you want to save.
- Tap the “Share” button.
- Choose “Save video” to download TikTok videos.
- Stand by while it’s saving.
- Done! Your TikTok/Musical.ly video is saved to your Camera Roll.
NOTE: TikTok automatically creates a same-name album for quick access.
Download unsaveable TikTok videos
Unfortunately, some users might restrict downloading their videos. But actually, there’s a workaround. Converting those videos to GIF within the app can help save them! Here’s what you need to do to download private TikTok videos:
- Click on the arrow icon to Share.
- Tap “Share as GIF”.
- Stand by while the conversion is in progress.
- That was easy 🙂 The GIF is successfully saved to your Camera Roll.
Transfer TikTok videos from iPhone to computer:
If you want to safely backup TikTok videos, it’s a good idea to save them to your computer. There are 2 ways of transferring TikTok videos to computer:
Download multiple TikTok videos to your computer at the same time
Transferring one video to a computer in general is not as easy task, let alone several. Thankfully, there’s a great app that can help you download Musical.ly videos – it’s called CopyTrans Photo:
- Drag-and-drop option to transfer videos to computer
- Flexibility – choose where to transfer
- Transfer multiple videos at the same time
- GIF support
Here’s how to transfer TikTok videos from iPhone to computer:
- Open CopyTrans Photo and connect your device.
- Wait until the photos are loaded. The iPhone photos will be displayed on the left and PC photos – on the right.
- Select TikTok videos and drag & drop it to your computer. You can choose the folder in the far-right menu. When done, click Apply Changes.
- That’s it, enjoy your TikTok videos safely backed up on your computer.
Transfer videos via Windows Explorer
You can always use the Windows Explorer to transfer TikTok videos to computer.
- Direct access
- Hard to find the video in the DCIM folder
- DCIM folder may not be displayed
Here’s how to transfer TikTok videos from iPhone to computer via Windows Explorer:
- Connect iPhone to your computer and click “Apple iPhone” in PC.
- Open Internal Storage -> DCIM.
- Find TiKTok videos in one of the Apple folder.
- Drag and drop or copy a video to a folder on your computer.
Hope this guide helped you download TikTok videos to computer! Let me know what you think in comments.