Instagram doesn’t allow you to post directly from computer. As a result, many photographers wonder how to post on Instagram from PC.
However, there are two workarounds:
- Post to Instagram from PC using web browser special settings.
- Transfer photos from computer to iPhone and post using the iPhone.
Post to Instagram from PC
If you want to post photos right from your PC, all you have to do is to make your browser think that you’ve logged in to Instagram from your device. To trick it into thinking that, you have to change the “user agent” — this thing tells a website what kind of device you’re on.
In this article we use Google Chrome, but the process is very similar for Firefox and Edge browsers.
- First of all, launch Chrome (Firefox or Edge) on your computer and go to instagram.com. Sign in to your account.
- Then, right-click anywhere on the page and click on Inspect.
- You will see a lot of random text after that. But don’t be afraid: you just need to click on a small icon that looks like a combination of iPhone and iPad. You can find it in the top-left corner of the Inspector tool.
- That’s it! After that your Instagram interface will switch to mobile version with a + button to post photos. If you don’t see this button, just refresh the page.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to deal with all these inspector tool steps, we have another method for you. It is very easy and only takes a couple minutes.
Upload to Instagram from PC
Open CopyTrans Photo and connect your iPhone to the PC. You will see your iPhone photos on the left, and your PC photos on the right.
Then, press Ctrl + N to create a new album on your iPhone. Name it as you like and click on OK.
Now drag and drop the photos from your PC to your iPhone. Click on Apply changes. Bonus: CopyTrans Photo works with .dng and .tiff photos as well.
Voila! The photos from your PC are now on your iPhone or iPad. Let’s get to posting!
To sum up, you can post on Instagram from PC but you have to use these little tricks.
If you have any questions or you know how to post to Instagram from PC using a different method, let us know in the comment section below!