Have you uploaded your music to YouTube but lost your original file? Have you found an independent artist on YouTube and want to have access to their music on the go? If you’re wondering how to download music from YouTube to iPhone, read on as we delve into this topic in detail.
There are two steps to download music from YouTube to iPhone:
- Download audio from YouTube to the PC
- Upload audio from the PC to your iPhone without iTunes
- Transfer songs to iPhone using iTunes
How to download music from YouTube
To a computer
❗ Before we start, we need to walk through a few pinpoints regarding the YouTube music download.
You should be careful when downloading audio and video files from YouTube. According to YouTube’s Terms of Service, you’re not allowed to download any content unless you were specifically permitted by the service, you have prior written permission from YouTube and the respective rights holders, or as permitted by applicable law.
That’s where Creative Commons licenses come in. CC license basically tells people online how they can use their creations without granting permission over and over again.
Also note that if you want to download music from the Audio Library – Music for content creators YouTube channel, you mustn’t use any third-party software to download it. Just navigate to the video’s description box where you’ll find a link to download the audio from.
How to download music from YouTube to your phone
Two easy steps
If you’re still wondering how to download music from YouTube, it only takes two steps:
- Download the MP3 file from YouTube to the PC;
- Transfer music from the PC to your iPhone.
To download a .mp3 file from YouTube, you can use any YouTube to MP3 converter online. For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ve used the Yt1s converter for the purpose of this tutorial.
- Navigate to Yt1s converter and paste the YouTube video link to the search bar and click the Convert MP3 button.
- After the conversion has completed, click the Download MP3 button to download the audio file to the PC!
Download music from YouTube
Transfer to iPhone
A lightweight iTunes alternative that helps you add music to iPhone by simply transferring tracks from computer to device. There’s no need for an iTunes sync, and already-existing iPhone tracks remain untouched on your device. No overwriting!
Along with adding music to iPhone, CopyTrans Manager also allows to:
✅ change the title, artist, album name, etc.;
✅ add the artwork to the tracks;
✅ manage your existing library;
✅ create and manage playlists.
Transferring music from the PC to your iPhone has never been easier!
- To add music to iPhone, first, download CopyTrans Manager from the following page:
Download CopyTrans Manager
- Install the program. Please refer to the Installation guide if you need help installing CopyTrans Manager.
- Run the program, connect iPhone or iPod to your PС. Then drag and drop your tracks from Windows Explorer to CopyTrans Manager.
- Click the Update button to apply changes. That’s it! You have successfully transferred your music from the computer to iPhone.
Use the Add Tracks button to add music to iPhone
Click on the + Add button.
- Select the tracks you wish to put on your iPhone and click on Add.
- To sync music to iPhone, hit on the Update button.
Download music to phone from YouTube
You can also use iTunes to transfer newly downloaded YouTube tracks to your iPhone.
Why we don’t recommend using iTunes:
🔴 You also risk losing your music library on your device;
🔴 It won’t recover music you’ve acquired from CDs;
🔴 You cannot add music from one library to another, only replace one another.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC and run iTunes.
- Drag and drop the tracks you’ve downloaded from YouTube to iTunes.
- Find the device icon at the top-left and click on it.
- Navigate to Music within the device tab.
- Choose tracks to transfer and click Apply.
You can also transfer music from your iPhone to the PC using CopyTrans.
Using CopyTrans you can:
✔ Transfer music from iPhone to computer without iTunes;
✔ Transfer your songs, playlists, movies to a PC folder;
✔ Customize the iPhone music library backup;
✔ Only the new songs are transferred, no duplicates;
✔ Transfer music from your iPhone to iTunes.
Please bear in mind YouTube’s Terms of Service and its rules while downloading MP3 files.
Let us know in the comments down below how it went and share your thoughts, we’d love to hear it!
You also might be interested in:
- How do I add music to iPhone?
- How do I add playlists to iPhone?
- Transfer music from iPhone to iPhone