This guide is for those who need to transfer a music library from one Apple device to another without iTunes (cause we all know that dealing with iTunes can be messy! 😬).
🎶 We have created CopyTrans so that you could backup and transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod songs and videos as well as playlists to a selected folder on your PC.
While transferring your tracks, CopyTrans keeps all metadata intact: ✓ track name, ✓ artwork, ✓ ratings, and ✓ play counts. And it also keeps an eye on your meticulously curated ✓ playlists to make sure they are safe and sound.
To transfer music from iPod to iPhone:
- Launch CopyTrans and connect iPod to PC.
- Сhoose the Folder backup option and proceed with the backup to the PC.
- Start CopyTrans Manager (free app) and connect iPhone to PC.
- Click Add and select all files in the backup folder.
✓ Transfer your music library to the PC and keeps its structure intact;
✓ Manage songs, videos, TV shows, audiobooks, and podcasts;
✓ Save track data, artworks, and playlists;
✓ And lets you change the library structure before downloading.
How to transfer music from iPod to iPhone
To transfer music from iPod to iPhone, we are first going to export the iPod music library to a folder on the PC using CopyTrans. Then we will transfer it to the iPhone with our free iTunes alternative — CopyTrans Manager.
- Download and install CopyTrans from the download page. Refer to the Installation guide if necessary.
Back your music up to PC
- Make sure iTunes is not running, then start CopyTrans. Connect the iPod to the PC. Start CopyTrans and choose the Folder backup option.
- Select a folder that will store your iPod music library backup or create a new one. Hit OK. The app will save your tracks, audiobooks and videos in their initial formats (.mp3, .m4r, .m4a .aac for music and other audio; .mov, .mp4 for videos) and playlists as .m3u8 files.
Transferring music from iPod to iPhone without iTunes
- Download and install CopyTrans Manager. CopyTrans Manager is a lightweight alternative to iTunes that helps you add and remove songs and videos, create and edit playlists, and edit track tags. Refer to the Installation guide if necessary.
Download CopyTrans Manager
Free app to manage iPhone music
- Disconnect the iPod and connect the iPhone to the PC. Start CopyTrans Manager and let the app load the music library.
- Click Add, find the backup folder and select all files except for the _iPod_Backup_Library.xml file. No duplicates will be created in the process. Your iPhone music library will not be replaced by the music from the iPod.
- Wait till the status bar at the bottom states that the transfer is complete. Done! You have copied the iPod music library onto your iPhone.
And now let’s proceed with the second part of the transfer.
How to get music from iPod to iPhone
How can I transfer music from my iPod to my iPhone without iTunes?
The wish to avoid using iTunes is understandable! This is why we have created CopyTrans — an app that copies your music library from an Apple device to your PC and back. Follow the steps of our guide to move music from one iDevice to another.Try CopyTrans for free
No credit card required
How to transfer music from iPhone to iPod?
CopyTrans can be used to transfer music from any Apple device to another; the direction doesn’t matter. Just repeat the steps of the guide but swap the devices.
How do I get music off of an old iPod? Can I transfer my iTunes library from my iPod to a new computer?
CopyTrans is compatible with all iPod models so you can safely use it to move music from an old iPod to PC. The app will keep the structure of your music library intact and save track data, artworks, and playlists. With CopyTrans, you can also customize the backup structure before downloading music to the PC. We have a separate guide covering this topic right here: How to transfer music from iPod to computer.
How do I sync my iPod to my iPhone without a computer?
You can sync purchased music and audiobooks between two iDevices via iCloud. In this case, both of your devices should run iOS and you should be logged in to the same Apple ID account. Follow the link for a more detailed guide: How to sync iDevices without a computer.
How do I transfer music from iPod to iTunes without deleting?
Not to worry: use the Copy to iTunes feature of the CopyTrans app. It will export your music library from iPod to iTunes without deleting the tracks from the device. We have written a guide to make the process easier: How to transfer music from iPod to iTunes.