CopyTrans Simple version
There are two ways of transferring music from your iPhone, iPod or even iPad back to your computer using CopyTrans Simple version.
You can copy your whole iPhone or iPod library to iTunes or to a folder of your choice on your PC.
If you want to copy all your music to iTunes, open CopyTrans and click the ‘iTunes’ button.
If you want to copy all your music to a folder on your PC, open CopyTrans and click the ‘Folder’ button.
Then select the folder you want to back up to and click OK.
If you want to select specific tracks and don’t want to back up the phole music library, you can switch to the Classic mode by clicking the ‘Classic mode’ button in the bottom left corner of the app:
CopyTrans Classic version
There are two ways of transferring music from your iPhone, iPod or even iPad back to your computer using CopyTrans Classic version.
Smart Backup to iTunes
Smart backup is the easy backup to automatically transfer iPod/iPhone contents back to iTunes in one click. CopyTrans “Smart Backup” automatically transfers all tracks, track information, artworks and playlists to iTunes. CopyTrans knows and decides what needs to be transferred, and it’s 100% safe and duplicate free.
Here’s the detailed guide on Smart backup.
Do a smart backup, when:
- Your iTunes is empty, because:
- Some of your tracks are missing in iTunes, because:
- Your iTunes tracks/playlists are not up-to-date in iTunes, because:
- You want to move tracks from one iPod to another one, because:
– your PC crashed;
– you reinstalled your PC;
– you bought a new PC;
– you accidentally wiped your iTunes;
– your computer was stolen.
– you accidentally deleted some iTunes tracks;
– you purchased new music on your iPhone that is not in iTunes yet;
– you added new tracks to your iPod using another PC;
– you used CopyTrans Manager to add tracks to your iPod.
– you changed playcounts or ratings on your iPod;
– you edited some tracks on your iPod Touch;
– you created new playlists on your iPhone;
– you edited your “On-the-go” playlist.
– your family uses multiple iPods/iPhones;
– you purchased or won an iPod with music on it.
Manual Backup to a folder/iTunes
If you don’t use or don’t want to use iTunes, you can transfer all of your music to any folder on your computer. Or if you are a more advanced user and want full control and custom backups, you can transfer chosen iPod/iPhone contents to iTunes.
CopyTrans “Manual Backup” transfers all chosen tracks, track information, artworks and playlists to iTunes. You decide what to transfer.
Full control and 100% customizable.
Here’s the detailed guide on Manual backup.
Do a manual backup to a folder, when:
- you want to keep a backup of your iPod;
- you want to update an existing folder backup;
- you want to import tracks from a folder into iTunes later;
- you want to create a backup CD/DVD of my iPhone;
- you do not want to transfer all your iPod tracks to a folder.
Do a manual backup to iTunes, when:
- you do not want to transfer all your iPod tracks to iTunes;
- you don’t want CopyTrans to automatically update all track information in iTunes;
- you want to keep the track information which is already in iTunes.