Whether you wish to quickly free up some iPhone space or you need to get your iPhone videos to a computer for editing purposes, this guide will show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer in a few clicks.
With our help, you will be able to:
- get videos off your iPhone in the highest quality,
- select and manage your Video Library on the iPhone,
- delete videos from your iPhone if necessary.
This guide has three sections:
- How to transfer videos from iPhone to computer via CopyTrans Photo
- How to get videos from iPhone to computer via Windows Photos app
- Transfer videos from iPhone to PC via File Explorer
If you prefer video to text, here is our YouTube guide: How to get videos off iPhone – YouTube tutorial
How to transfer videos from iPhone to computer
- To start transferring videos from your iPhone to PC, you will need a tool called CopyTrans Photo.
Download it for free from the following page:
Download CopyTrans Photo
- Install the program. If you need help installing CopyTrans Photo, please refer to the installation guide.
- Start CopyTrans Photo and plug in the iPhone to the PC. iPhone videos and albums will appear on the left-hand side of the program window while PC folders will appear on the right.
- Select Videos from the album list on the left.
- Select or create a PC folder where you wish to put the videos by using the pane on the right-hand side. To create a new folder, click on the Green Folder symbol on the top.
- Choose the videos you want to transfer from iPhone to computer. To select multiple files, press and hold CTRL on your keyboard while clicking on each video. To select all the videos in the folder, click on an empty area within the iPhone working area and then press CTRL + A.
- Drag and drop the selected videos to the right-hand side.
- Click on Apply changes to save the result of the transfer.
That’s it! Your iPhone videos are now transferred to the PC folder of your choice.
How to get videos from iPhone to computer via Windows Photos app
The other way is to use native Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10 only).
Follow the steps:
- Connect your iPhone to PC with a USB cable, then unlock your device.
- Go to Start -> Search for Photos app and run it.
- In the top-right corner, select Import -> From a connected device.
- Select the video file (or files) you want to save to PC and click on Import.
- Find the video in the Pictures folder.
Transfer videos from iPhone to PC via File Explorer
The most straightforward, but also the most time-consuming way to transfer videos is through File Explorer.
Here is how to do it:
- Connect your iPhone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open File Explorer. There should be an icon representing your iPhone – double-click on it.
- Open the DCIM folder. The folder contains all the pictures from your iPhone.
- Find the video -> right-click on it and select Copy.
- Navigate to any folder on your PC, right-click again and select Paste. Done.