CopyTrans Shelbee is a tool that facilitates the backup and restore processes. However, for some people, the procedure turns out to be quite difficult and takes a lot of time. In this article, we will tell you why CopyTrans Shelbee is slow and how to make the backup and restore faster.
What are you doing now? Please select the functionality to proceed to a solution:
CopyTrans Shelbee backup is slow or stuck
It’s totally OK for a backup to take more than 1 hour if your iDevice has more than 100 GB of data. If the backup takes longer than 1h, here’s what you can do to make it faster:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via a Type-C cable. The backup becomes 2 or even more times faster – tested and confirmed 100%.
- Do not include apps to the backup. Start a new backup but do not tick the “Save the apps” box. The backup will take only half the time.
Why does CopyTrans Shelbee need Internet and my Apple ID?
When one makes a backup with apps, CopyTrans Shelbee needs access to your Apple ID to download all necessery app data from AppStore. The software also needs Internet connection for this. The better the connection, the faster the backup.
- Make the backup to your PC instead of an external hard drive. Your PC is working hard making a backup to an external hard drive – it’s way easier and faster to back up data directly to the Disk C: (your Desktop, for example) or D:.
- Copy your photos and videos first. These media types occupy the most space on your iPhone. Copy them to your PC or an external hard drive. Then erase your Photo Library and restart your iPhone to clear caсhe. You can now restart your backup.
If you tried the solutions above, but the backup never ends, it means that there’s a problem preventing CopyTrans Shelbe from creating the backup.
Please check how much GB of data you have on your iPhone and the free space on your PC. If you have an iPhone with 100GB of files and 103 GB of free space on your PC, it may not be enough to create temporary data. You should free up at least 50GB of space on your PC.
If you wish to make a backup to an external hard drive, make sure it has 2 times the memory of your iPhone. For example, you have 100GB of data on your iOS device, then you should have around 200GB of free space on the external hard drive.
You tried all the solutions above and checked free space on your PC/ external hard drive, but the backup still takes forever? Please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide for more instructions. The guide also explains why some apps cannot be backed up and CopyTrans Shelbee keeps asking for a password.
CopyTrans Shelbee restore is slow or stuck
The restore should take a little less time than the backup, as CopyTrans Shelbee doesn’t access Apple servers. However, if it still takes a lot of time, please:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via a Type-C cable. The backup becomes 2 or even more times faster.
- Make sure that your iPhone has enough memory for the restore. To check the size of your backup, leave your mouse on the backup folder and wait for the details to appear, or make a right-click on it and select “Properties”. It’s impossible to restore a backup of 100 GB to an iPhone of 64 GB in total.
- If you wish to restore an iTunes backup, please make sure that it’s often corrupted, thus cannot be restored. We recommend making a new backup using CopyTrans Shelbee and then restore it to the new iPhone.
If you are still struggling with a long restore, please consult the Troubleshooting Guide.
CopyTrans Shelbee custom restore is slow or stuck
The custom restore is a tricky function. Please note that if your backup is of 100GB, it is impossible to do a selective restore to an iPhone having 64 GB available in total. You should have at least 100 GB of free space on your iPhone, even to restore a 2 GB Photo Library.
Why? Because you have an iPhone. To make a custom restore, CopyTrans Shelbee opens 100 GB of data on your iPhone and then erases all the data that you didn’t select and leaves only those selected. This is the only way to make it work.
If you made sure that you have enough free space on your iPhone for CopyTrans Shelbee to open the full backup, you should have no problems. If your custom restore is still very slow, please see other possible issues in the Troubleshooting Guide and contact our Support Team as described in the guide.