This article describes 3 ways of how to extract iPhone notes from an iPhone backup made with iTunes, without iTunes or without iTunes and iPhone.
Select how you want to restore iPhone notes:
- Recover iPhone notes via iTunes
- Recover just iPhones notes without iTunes
- Recover just iPhones notes without iTunes and iPhone
How to recover your iPhone notes via iTunes
Warning: please, keep in mind that iTunes will overwrite all existing content of your iPhone with the data from the backup, meaning that all pictures and messages you’ve received after the backup will be lost. If you need to restore only iPhone notes, try restoring just iPhone notes without iTunes or extracting just iPhone notes without iTunes and iPhone
- Run iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- Wait until your iPhone appears within iTunes. Then click on the iPhone icon.
- In the “Summary” section, click “Restore Backup…”.
- Select the iPhone backup entry and click “Restore”.
Tip: Select the iPhone backup entry dated before you lost access to iPhone notes.
- Wait until your backup is restored to the iPhone.
- After the restore is complete, you will have your original iPhone notes recovered.
Recover just iPhone notes without iTunes
Unlike iTunes, CopyTrans Shelbee can selectively restore just notes from your iPhone backup to a device.
- Download СopyTrans Shelbee from the page below: Download CopyTrans Shelbee now
- Install the program. If you need help installing CopyTrans Shelbee, please refer to the installation guide.
- Run the program and connect your iPhone to computer. Click on the “Custom restore” button in the main menu.
- Click on the pencil icon and navigate to the folder where you store your backups. Select the backup that contains all the notes you want to recover.
NOTE: If your backup was encrypted before, you’ll have to type in the encryption password. If you don’t remember the password, use our backup password recovery tips
- In the newly appeared window, select “Notes”.To make sure that you trasnfer all the notes on your iPhone, it’s strongly recommended to select “Accounts” along with “Notes”.
- Confirm the restore and hit “Next”.
- Wait until the restore is finished and voila! Your notes are successfully restored.
Recover just iPhone notes without iTunes and iPhone
If you want to get just iPhone notes from the backup, CopyTrans Backup Extractor will restore them directly to your PC without the need to use your device.
- Download CopyTrans Backup Extractor by clicking the button below and then install the software:
- You will see the list of all the backups found on your PC. Click on the backup that you need (if it is encrypted, you will be prompted to provide the backup password). PLEASE NOTE: If you can’t see the backup you need, it may be stored in iCloud. Let CopyTrans Backup Extractor сheck it for you: just click on “iCloud Backups”..
- Select the backup you need.
- Choose “Notes”, click “Extract” and then select the folder you want to extract to. This can be a folder on your PC or an external hard drive.
- Open the folder to find the recovered files.
That’s it! Now you know 3 ways to recover your notes from an iPhone backup.