Hello, I need some help! I have a CSV file, but I don’t know how to open it. Could you please explain to me how I can convert CSV to Excel?
Thank you in advance,
CSV, or comma-separated values, is a common format for storing and transmitting content, including contacts, calendar appointments, and statistical data.
Excel is supposed to read CSV files, but in most cases, when you open a CSV file in Excel, you see scrambled data that’s impossible to read.
This article demonstrates how to convert CSV to excel.
How to open CSV file in Excel:
BONUS: Find out how to export iPhone contacts to Excel.
CSV to Excel 2016
- Create a new Excel file and click on Data ➔ From Text/CSV.
- Find the CSV file on your PC and click on Import.
- Preview the resulting table in the pop-up window and click on Load.
- All done.
How to export iPhone contacts to Excel
Learn how to export and edit iPhone contacts in Excel. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below.
CSV to Excel 2003
- Open a new Excel document and navigate to the Data tab.
- Click on From Text.
- Navigate to the CSV file you wish to open and click on Import.
- In the newly-opened window, choose Delimited. Then click on Next.
- Check the box next to the type of delimiter: in most cases, this is either a semicolon or a comma. Then click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
That’s it! you have just imported a CSV file to Excel!