CSV, or comma separated values, is a common format for storing and transmitting content including contacts, calendar appointments and statistical data.
Excel is supposed to read CSV files, but in most cases, when you open a CSV file in Excel, you see scrambled data that’s impossible to read.
BONUS: Find out how to export iPhone contacts to Excel.
Open CSV in Excel 2016
- Create a new Excel file and click on Data ➔ From Text/CSV.
- Find the CSV file on your PC and click on Import.
- Preview the resulting table in the pop-up window and click on Load.
How to export iPhone contacts to Excel
Learn how to export and edit iPhone contacts in Excel. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below.
Open CSV in Excel 2003
- Open a new Excel document and navigate to the Data tab.
- Click on From Text.
- Navigate to the CSV file you wish to open and click on Import.
- In the newly-opened window, choose Delimited. Then click on Next.
- Check the box next to the type of delimiter: in most cases, this is either a semicolon or a comma. Then click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
That’s it! you have just imported a CSV file to Excel!