If you get the message “iTunes requires that your computer is running Windows 7 or newer” when trying to install iTunes on your Windows XP machine, then this is the right article for you.
Why do I have this iTunes problem on my Windows XP computer?
The reason is that Apple has dropped the support for Windows XP and Vista by releasing iTunes 12.2 in 2015. The latest iTunes version supporting Windows XP (Service Pack 3) is 126.96.36.199; it adds support for iOS 9 devices but lacks Apple Music and other features added in iTunes 12.2 and 12.3.
Though iTunes does not work with your Windows XP machine, CopyTrans does it well. You can manage your files without iTunes at all, whether you have Windows XP, Vista or any of the newer Windows versions, because CopyTrans programs support all of them.
- CopyTrans is great to transfer music, videos, playlists, etc from your iPhone to your computer.
- CopyTrans Manager is a free iTunes alternative to manage iPhone, iPad and iPod music collections without iTunes.
- CopyTrans Contacts is your iOS contacts, calendar and notes manager.
- CopyTrans Photo helps you to transfer photos between your device and the PC.
- CopyTrans Shelbee will help you to backup and restore your iOS devices.
If you need iTunes, you can download the 188.8.131.52 version for Windows XP service pack 3 here.
For Windows XP service pack 2 get iTunes 11.1.5 version here.