The move to iOS from a different operating system is always a tricky subject, especially when you mean switching from Android to iPhone. Thankfully, there’s a set of tools and certain tricks that can help you perform a transfer from Android to iOS smoothly.
To start, choose which type of data you would like to move from Android to iPhone:
How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone
I’m sure that 90% of you are attached to your photos. So, when making a decision to switch from Android to iPhone, you probably want your pictures to make it to your new iPhone, too. No stress! If you want all the photos safely transferred to your new iPhone, CopyTrans Photo is the way to go.
Unbeatable advantage – doesn’t require you to have Android and iPhone at the same time for the sync.
Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, you need to download photos from Android.
Connect your Android device to a PC, navigate to “This PC”, find your Android device and double-click on it. Go to the DCIM folder to find your photos.
- Secondly, select the ones you wish to transfer and copy them to an empty folder on your PC.
- Thirdly, when you have your Android pictures on the PC, you can transfer them to your new iPhone. For that, you’ll need to download and install CopyTrans Photo: Download CopyTrans Photo
- Then, start CopyTrans Photo and connect the iPhone to your PC. Find the folder with your Android photos in the rightmost pane, then drag and drop it to the leftmost pane as demonstrated below.
- Click on Apply changes.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully transferred photos from Android to iPhone.
Move contacts from Android to iPhone
If you are thinking that the process of moving contacts from Android to iPhone is time-consuming, I’ve got good news for you. It becomes really easy with the right app to transfer contacts – basically just one click.
The most effective solution on the market for this task is CopyTrans Contacts. In contrast to other methods, CopyTrans Contacts transfers all contact details including photos, addresses, emails, notes, phone number types, etc. Moreover, you don’t have to keep your Android till the very moment you acquire a new iPhone.
First, you need to prepare contacts for the export:
- On your Android device, open the Contacts app, navigate to Settings, then Export and Save. It will create a special .vcf file that you need for the transfer.
- Next, switch to your PC. Connect your device, open “This PC” and double-click on your device icon.
- Locate the .vcf file, then drag and drop it to your desktop. It’s usually called “Contacts.vcf”.
- You are ready to import Android contacts to your iPhone! Download CopyTrans Contacts by clicking the button below: Download CopyTrans Contacts
- After that, run the program and connect the iPhone.
When the synchronization process is completed, click on Import contacts then From a file and navigate to the .vcf file you copied from your Android device.
- And that’s all – you have successfully transferred contacts from Android to iPhone. As simple as that!
How to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone
Switching from Android to iPhone also includes transferring text messages. And here’s where it might get a bit tricky. Due to many restrictions in iOS ecosystem (at least when it comes to messages), transferring messages from Android to iPhone becomes a bit of a headache. Nevertheless, there’s an official Apple app that can help you do that.
It is called Move to iOS app, and it can be found on Google Play. The trick is that you need to have both your Android and iOS devices with you at the same time. Not the best solution if you plan to sell, recycle or give away your Android phone.
Follow the steps:
- Download and install Move to iOS app to your Android device.
- Then, make sure your Android device has WiFi turned on, both devices are connected to a power source and your iPhone is not set up yet. If you have set it up, you will need to erase it.
- Start setting up the iPhone; when you get to the Apps and Data screen, tap Move Data from Android.
- On your Android device, start the Move to iOS app and tap Next until it asks you to enter a code.
- Tap Continue on your iPhone. A code will appear on the screen.
- Enter the code on your Android device and select messages in the Transfer Data screen
- Wait until both devices finish the process.
How to transfer calendar from Android to iPhone
Transferring calendars or notes from Android to iPhone becomes a real piece of cake if you store all the entries in your Google account.
You just need to enable synchronization on your iPhone. Go to Settings → Calendar → Accounts → Add Account → Google and enter your Google Account credentials.
Move music from Android to iPhone
Here comes the final step in switching from Android to iPhone. The process of transferring music from Android to iPhone is pretty much the same as photos and contacts.
Here’s how it goes:
- Connect your Android device to PC and open “This PC”. Search for the Music folder and copy it to your Desktop.
- To add music to iPhone, download CopyTrans Manager:
- And – you guessed it! – finish transferring music from Android to iPhone by dropping the folder to the CopyTrans Manager interface. All your Android music, including album artworks, artists and album names will be there.
- Hit the Update button to finish the transfer.
To sum up, we showed you 5 steps of switching from Android to iPhone. Finally, you know how to transfer data from Android to iPhone! I’m sure you won’t regret it and hope you will enjoy the process.